My Bio

Hi there! My name is Courtney Robinson. I’m 24 years old, and I live in Kamloops, BC. I was born and raised here, and only left for a brief summer to work in Revelstoke.

Although I love Kamloops and all the friends I’ve made here, I’m really looking forward to graduation and getting to try living in different areas of BC! I’m a bit of an oddity in that I LOVE the cold, so I think I would do pretty well up North! In fact, spending at least a year in Whitehorse, YT is on my bucket list. I feel like that city would really suit me. I’d also like to experience living on Vancouver Island. I have family who live on Salt Spring Island and I love it there. And then of course, I feel like I need to live in Vancouver or Victoria for at least a year to really get the true BC experience. I don’t think I’d ever really want to live anywhere other than BC. I love it here, it’s truly one of the most beautiful places in the world to me!

Probably my biggest hobby is reading. I LOVE books, especially novels. I read just about every genre, and I always have 2-3 books on my nightstand. I also download audiobooks from Libby, which is the library’s app that allows people to borrow & download audiobooks directly to their phones. One of my goals for the year is to read 50 books by January 2022. I don’t know if I’ll actually be able to reach that goal, but I’ve got a good list of books I want to read this summer to start me off! Going hand-in-hand with my love of reading is my love of writing. My ultimate bucket list goal is to write my own novel one day. It’s something I’ve loved ever since I was a little kid, and I still have some (pretty terrible) old stories I wrote in elementary school.

Other than books (and teaching!), my next greatest love is definitely my dog. She is an almost 2-year-old Miniature Poodle named Lillie (pictured below!). She is my best friend in the entire world, and the cutest, smartest dog ever (at least I think so!). She loves learning new tricks, and so far knows 67 different commands, with varying accuracy! My plan for summer of 2020 was to start her in agility classes (like an obstacle course for dogs), but because of the pandemic we couldn’t do that. Hopefully this summer!

And finally teaching. I am so excited about becoming a teacher. The more I learn about teaching, the more I feel that teaching is really the right career for me. I’m about to go into my first practicum in a few weeks, and I am very nervous, but also very excited. My practicum will be in a 6th grade class, which is very interesting because I’ve never worked with kids in this age group before. I think my dream grade would probably be 2nd grade, but who knows! Maybe I’ll love upper elementary.

return